What’s New in Logic Pro X 10.5.
Learn about the latest updates for Logic Pro 10.5.
Compose music by arranging and triggering cells containing loops, samples, and your recordings. Perform and capture your favorite ideas into the timeline.
Build your own beats, melodies, and effects automation using an interface inspired by classic drum machine workflows.
Drum Machine Designer
Use Drum Machine Designer to build custom drum kits by dragging, organizing, and assigning samples to MIDI notes.
- Perform and capture free-form arrangement ideas into the tracks area.
- Add Remix FX to perform creative effects like filters, gates, repeaters, and downsampling.
- Use Logic Remote on your iPad or iPhone to perform Live Loops and Remix FX using Multi-Touch gestures to trigger several loops or effects simultaneously.
- Create sophisticated multi-sampled instrument using a drag and drop workflow.
- New modern design provides synthesis, mapping, and zone editing in a single window interface.
- Integrated zone editor offers detailed control over start, end and loop points.
- Mapping editor enables fast and flexible assignment of samples across the keyboard.
- Flex Time has been integrated into Sampler allowing sounds to be played at the same length, regardless of pitch.
- Auto Sampler automates the process of converting MIDI-enabled hardware and software instruments into Sampler instruments.
- Supports all existing EXS24 instruments.
- Import a single audio file to instantly build a playable sampled instrument.
- Quick Sampler automatically identifies the root note, optimal loop points, and trims silence from an imported sample.
- Use Slice mode to chop a vocal or drum sample into multiple slices that can be triggered on a keyboard.
- Record live samples using a microphone, external hardware, or from any track or bus.
Drum Machine Designer
- Use Drum Machine Designer to build custom drum kits by dragging and organizing samples.
- Directly access Quick Sampler or Drum Synth controls on any pad.
- Easily assign any instrument or third-party plug-in to a pad.
- Perform any sound chromatically to create bass lines or other melodic parts.
- Create and edit patterns with discrete control over velocity, repeat, chance, offset, step rate, skip and tie for each row.
- Use any patch as a sound source, including custom kits made with Quick Sampler and Drum Machine Designer.
- Includes a library of over 150 rhythmic and melodic patterns.
- Over 2,500 new loops in a variety of instruments and genres covering modern and classic hip-hop, electro house, reggaeton, future bass, techno, and transition effects.
- 17 Live Loops starter grids covering a range of electronic and hip-hop genres.
- More than 70 new Drum Machine Designer kits.
- Over 1,500 new patches.
- Original multi-track project of Billie Eilish’s “Ocean Eyes.”
- The Drum Synth plug-in generates synthesized kicks, snares, toms, cymbals, and hi-hats with dedicated sound shaping controls.
- Individual or multiple audio files or software instrument regions can be dragged into an empty track header to provide instant options for creating Sampler, Quick Sampler, Drum Machine Designer, or Alchemy instruments. Learn more
- Multiple additional enhancements and stability improvements.
Get complete step-by-step instructions and information on all the features in Logic. For a detailed list of enhancements and fixes in current and previous versions of Logic, refer to the Logic Pro X release notes.