Logic Pro X 10.2 release notes
Before updating Logic Pro X, make sure to back up the currently installed version of Logic Pro.
Logic Pro X no longer quits unexpectedly:
- Sometimes when opening or creating a project.
- Sometimes when picking an icon for a Drum Machine Designer cell.
- When rubber band selecting a group of notes in the Piano Roll immediately after changing screen sets.
- When initializing a connected Mackie HUI control surface.
- When the currently active audio device is disconnected and then reconnected.
- When selecting Import Audio from an Alchemy SOURCES pop-up menu.
- When using an Alchemy SOURCES pop-up menu to import audio on a system that includes a mounted volume whose name begins with a Unicode 2-byte character.
- When a file with a name containing 2-byte characters is dragged onto the Current or Reference button of the Match EQ plug-in.
- Opening the extended parameters of Retro Synth in OS X Yosemite no longer sometimes triggers an Internal Error alert.
- There is no longer a glitch at the beginning of a skip cycle area when Cycle Pre-Processing is enabled.
- Quantizing notes on a Software Instrument track during playback no longer sometimes causes audio dropouts.
- Stepping through Alchemy presets no longer causes the memory usage of Logic Pro to rise unexpectedly.
- Alchemy no longer causes Logic Pro memory usage to rise unexpectedly when stepping though samples using the source left/right buttons.
- It is once again possible to Shift-click to select non-contiguous notes in the Piano Roll editor.
- Pressing Option-Shift while adjusting the Piano Roll Velocity slider again sets all notes to the same velocity as expected.
- It is once again possible to use the pointer to rubber-band select MIDI Draw points that were created with a MIDI channel setting of All.
- It is no longer possible to inadvertently set the length of a note to 0 ticks in the Event Editor or the Step Editor.
- Addresses a rare automation related issue that could cause a bypassed Send on a muted Channel Strip to remain active.
- Duplicating a track now reliably duplicates all plug-in parameter values.
- Clicking Cancel in the dialog shown when deleting an Aux in the mixer that is assigned to a track no longer deletes the Aux.
- Solo now works on channels routed to mono outputs higher than Output 1 or 2.
- Soloing a channel strip routed to a mono output no longer unexpectedly mutes the right output.
- Soloing an output above 1—2 now mutes Output 1—2 as expected.
- Duplicating a track now also duplicates its track notes.
- VoiceOver again properly announces selected regions.
- Audio is now routed properly from Audio Unit-based multi-output instruments in projects saved in previous versions of Logic Pro X.
- When importing drum kits into Ultrabeat, the Import Kit name is again properly displayed.
- Instances of the Tremolo plug-in with a rate set to a Hz value are no longer reset to 32 bars when the project is loaded.
- Joining audio regions when Low Latency mode is enabled no longer sometimes leads to the new region being shifted to an incorrect position.
- If the Toolbar Replace button is activated while the Project Settings > Recording window is open, all the Overlapping Recordings settings now switch from Toggle to Replace.
- Autopunch recording on MIDI tracks now behaves as expected when Record > Overlapping MIDI Recordings > Replace is enabled.
- Manually punching in and out in Replace mode now works properly with MIDI regions.
- When recording MIDI in Replace mode with Cycle enabled, playing MIDI before the start of the Cycle no longer causes the measure before the Cycle start to be replaced.
- Dragging an Apple Loops file into a track with a custom name no longer renames the track.
- It is once again possible to assign a custom key command to the Discard Last Recording and Return to Last Play Position command.
- Editing notes in the mixer notepad no longer sometimes causes custom fonts to reset, or text to be unexpectedly duplicated.
- Text pasted into an existing note now properly takes on the color of the existing text, and doesn’t cause the existing text to change to the default color.
- It is once again possible to rename files and regions in the Project File browser using a key command. The key command is now assignable and is called “Rename.”
- It is once again possible to enter text into the patch name cell within the Multi-Instrument object in the Environment window.
- It is once again possible to extend the selection of an audio file beyond the current visible area in Impulse Response Utility.
Tags: Apple Logic Pro Download for free Logic Pro X 10.2.4 Download Logic Pro Logic Pro X Logic Pro 11 Logic Pro X 10.2.4 logic Pro XI logic XI logicpro logicprox Update Update Available to Download What's New in Version 10.2.4